Website of the great Vaisnava Sadananda Prabhu. Srila Prabhupad Saraswati Thakur ´s disciple and great Vaisnava. A example to all!

http://www.sadananda.com/


Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati to Svami Sadananda Dasa:
I myself [Svami] would never have been where I am today, if not already as a youth I doubted what people, poets, scholars said and prepared myself to learn the most strange languages, just to be able to read a text that dealt with God and the meaning of life in the original text itself and free myself from what others read into it from their mind and heart.

Then, on the second day after my arrival here [in India], my Gurudeva told me: “The first thing you have to do is to collect all what you learned, read, excerpted, felt, know. Put it in a big bag and throw it into the sea where the sea is deepest and start anew.”

Once when I felt sad, because I hadn’t been raised as a Hindu in India and didn’t have the inner associations that every Hindu has together with the concepts deva, devi, avatara, bhakti etc., he was even angry and said: “You missed nothing. It is a blessing that you did not imbibe all these associated ideas. You would have learned only wrong things. There is nothing to be learned from people, poets etc. You have to learn from God directly – i.e. what God teaches in His Own words.”


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário